Nowadays, the demand for dental implant has been raising because people have heard and witnessed the success of dental implant procedure. The needs of teeth replacement which similar physically to the original teeth can be fulfilled by dental implant at the moment. However there are complaints over the procedure of dental implants which they have to wait for months to implant the replacement after the teeth has been removed. Some of them finally choose for bridge process as an alternative because of the faster process.
How to encounter this problem? How if the replacement being implanted right after the teeth is removed? Is this applied for all condition? The implantation of the replacement teeth right after the removal called ‘Immediate Implant Placement’.
Some major conditions for this procedure are:
1. There should be no active infection to the teeth that will be removed.
2. Socket from the teeth removal shouldn’t be too wide because there will be no appropriate size of implants and the implant will be unstable.
3. Removal should be done without damaging the surrounding teeth.
4. Make sure to get appropriate position and curve for implant.
Steps for immediate implant placement are as followed:
1. Teeth removal and socket cleaning.
2. Implant placement and abutment.
By correctly done all steps of the procedure, patient can wear dental implant right away after the damaged teeth is removed. The benefits of this procedure are:
1. Patient can keep complete set of the tooth
2. Time effective because patients only require one visit.
3. More comfortable with less drilling procedure.
4. High esthetic result.
With this procedure, patients won’t have to worry going home less toothed and daily activity won’t be affected.